Affiliate Disclaimer as of 21-March-2013:
North Woods Ventures, LLC (“NWV”) strongly supports transparency on the web. In that spirit, we want you to know this important disclosure:
- From time to time, we will talk about certain products and/or service providers, and/or provide links to those products and/or service providers on this site, on which NWV will earn what’s called an “affiliate commission” for any purchases you make.
The Quiet Innovation (“QI”) podcast and related brands are owned by NWV. Our goal with the QI blog and podcast is to make you smarter about your world, while hopefully encouraging and inspiring you along the way about innovations and ideas you might not otherwise hear about. But our goal is to also make money with this website. Running this site and producing the content it contains is one of the ways our owner and staff make a living.
As such, NWV is structured as a for-profit business. Here’s how it works: We give you access to great content and guests for free. But it costs money for us to produce all of this content. In return, if you click on certain of the links on the site and make a purchase when you do so, NWV may earn a commission. And you earn our deep appreciation for your support!
So we thought it would be helpful to share some elements of how NWV conducts itself and how we actually make money with this site.
Maintaining trust with our listeners is critical. There will be occasions when NWV will earn compensation directly related to people buying the products or services offered on the QI website. Sometimes NWV will even earn compensation through your buying the products or services of our guests. So hereare the ground rules, all of which are discussed in greater detail below:
- Above all, people cannot pay NWV or its owners or employees to have their innovation featured or discussed on the podcast or in the blog. If a guest has been invited to appear on the show, or if we talk about any company or innovation, it is because we have a genuine interest in the innovation or expertise of that guest, and think the audience will too.
- We frequently provide links to the sites of my guests and other sites of interest with no compensation to NWV whatsoever.
- When in doubt, we recommend you just assume any and all links appearing on the QI website are links for which NWV earns a commission. This is not always the case. But it’s a safe default if you don’t want to give it much thought.
- Our policy is to set up affiliate relationships only with companies whose products and/or services we personally know and can recommend.
Finally, you can rest assured that we will endeavor to disclose anything that could be deemed a conflict of interest by a reasonable person and also to stay in full compliance with all applicable laws and rules governing the activities of this site.
Use of Affiliate Links – Also known as “Compensated Links”
There are certain instances where NWV will receive compensation for goods or services purchased through someone clicking on a link at the QI website. That is called an “affiliate link” and will be labeled as such.
When in doubt, we recommend you assume any and all links appearing on the QI website are links for which NWV earns a commission.
Important: Not all products/services are appropriate for use of affiliate links. We believe so firmly in maintaining trust with listeners that our policy is to set up affiliate relationships only with companies whose products and/or services we personally know and can recommend.
Uncompensated Links to the Web Sites of My Guests
Yes, links placed on the QI website can be a nice way to generate sales for a guest after his or her appearance on the show. You heard about the guest, you think it’s cool, you use the link. It’s pretty simple and we don’t mind extending that courtesy to a guest who was gracious enough to give us time for an interview. Again, we frequently provide links to the sites of my guests with no compensation to NWV whatsoever. These links are placed so our listeners can easily learn more about or even buy the products or services or a guest. In addition to my mentioning it in the podcast episode itself, these links would typically be posted to the QI website as well.
Sometimes a guest will provide us with product samples, services, or certain other items of value ahead of their interview. This is a common practice that enables us to get a better understanding of the product or service that a guest will be discussing on the show and, hopefully, make for a better episode. When this happens, we will tell you about it during the episode in which the guest appears.
– END –