Today's show is a high-impact conversation with a well-respected thought leader from the world of elite and successful entrepreneurs, Mr. Verne Harnish. In just one hour, Verne gives you some of the most valuable tools and techniques that any entrepreneur, startup, or idea person can immediately deploy for turning their great ideas into reality.
Many times you've heard me say that while every great idea starts with vision, passion, and excitement, that’s not enough. At some point, it takes real work paired with meaningful discipline. Yet, the demands on your time and resources can be overwhelming. How you solve this can make the difference between taking your great idea the next step, or having it end up on the waste heap with all the other failed ideas out there.
Fortunately, there are a number of simple, yet highly effective, disciplines you can bring to your day-to-day that will dramatically raise the odds your great idea really does indeed become reality. This is true whether you are the solopreneur just getting going, or you are further along.
Listen to today’s podcast and you will discover how some of the most successful people on the planet have, and still are, using many of the ideas Verne shares for turning their own great ideas into reality. Specifically, today you will learn about:
- What you may already have in common with other highly successful people.
- Setting priorities in the midst of being overwhelmed.
- How to stay productive every single day.
- The importance of having white boards in your workspace.
- Breaking down your major objectives into achievable daily tasks.
- What is meant by the term, “key metrics” and how to define those best for you.
- Rhythms that work best for your day, week, month, and year.
- The importance of a coach or other trusted person to regularly talk to.
- Why the words “Who, What, and When” need to become essential to your thinking.
- The common traits that Verne uses to distinguish the winners from the losers.
Verne Harnish's Books
Books and Organizations Mentioned by Verne Today:
- Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don't by Jim Collins
- What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful by Marshall Goldsmith
- Inside Apple: How America's Most Admired–and Secretive–Company Really Works by Adam Lashinsky
- In Search of Excellence: Lessons from America's Best-Run Companies by Thomas J. Peters
Reminder: All the above are Amazon affiliate links on which I will earn a small commission if you use them to make a purchase. I am most grateful if you choose to support the show this way. Thank you.
Verne also mentioned an organization called TechStars: This is from their website, "TechStars provides seed funding from over 75 top venture capital firms and angel investors who are vested in the success of your startup, as well as intense mentorship from hundreds of the best entrepreneurs in the world."
Question or Feedback? You Can Also Leave Me a Voicemail!
If you have feedback or something I can help you with, you can either write or get my phone number here so you can leave a voice mail. Who knows? I may feature you on a future show.
Thanks for all your support!
I cannot thank you all for the growing support and feedback as my podcast is starting to get better known. All of the kind words, as well as the feedback on what I can do better, are most appreciated.
Before you go …
Would you mind take a quick moment to give me a review and rating of this podcast on iTunes? This link will take you to iTunes right now so you can leave me your review and positive rating. It really makes a difference so thank you!